Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Artists Statement

Silent Witness


In the mid 1950's a project was proposed to dam the river at Tocks Island, five miles north of the Delaware Water Gap, by the U.S Army Corps of Engineers. Starting in 1966 the Federal Government began the process of acquiring a forty mile long stretch of land along Old Mine Road and on both sides of the Delaware River using the powers of eminent domain and condemnation. Land, farms, and homes that were passed down...
more »